Classic Cabernet with Complements Gift Basket
|Classic Cabernet with Complements Gift Basket |
There could be no better gift for a red wine lover than a fine bottle of Cabernet paired with zesty cheeses, cookies, and chocolate. The assortment of semi-soft and aged cheeses in the basket works wonderfully with this award-winning Cabernet Sauvignon's subtle accents of toasty oak and vanilla and lingering flavors of cherry, blackberry and anise. This gift basket includes the following items:
Please note that any item temporarily out of stock will be substituted with a similar item of equal value.
- Crossing Vineyard's Cabernet Sauvignon Wine: This medium-bodied Cabernet Sauvignon opens up fruity and finishes dry, with lingering flavors of cherry, blackberry and anise. Barrel aging adds subtle accents of toasty oak and vanilla. The '06 vintage earned a Silver Medal in the San Diego Critics Challenge International Wine Competition 2008 (750 ml)
- Aged Mimolette: French Mimolette, also called "Boule de Lille", mimolette is a semi-hard cheese that has the same texture and spherical shape as Dutch Edam, but with a natural rind. Its taste is gloriously sweet, yet uncommonly tame for a French cheese. (8 oz.)
- San Joaquin Gold: This is a new artisan cheese made by Fiscalini Farms of Modesto, California. It is semi-hard with a natural rind and a sweet, salty, buttery taste. Made from unpasteurized milk from Fiscalini's own herd of 1400 Holstein cows, it is a wonderful cheese for snacking, but can also be used as a topping for soups or salads. In addition, it grates well and melts easily (8 oz.)
- Smokey Blue by Rogue Creamery: A traditional blue cheese that is smoked overnight in hazelnut shells. The result is a sweet, nutty flavor that counters the tangy, sharp taste of blue. Made in Oregon.(8 oz.)
- Michel Cluizel Chocolates: Michel Cluizel has been making chocolate in the southern Normandy region of France to an exclusively high standard, in the French chocolate making tradition, since 1948. (2 oz)
- Piedras de Espana (Chocolate Largueta Almonds): Bite through the luxurious melt-in your-mouth chocolate coating to get to the fresh, crunchy flavor of these superior Spanish almonds. (4.4 oz)
- Trouvillais by Biscuiterie de l'Abbaye: Shortbread cookies made with butter, fresh cream and local fruit. (4.4 oz.)
- Kriti Olive Oil Toasts: The bakers of Crete are known throughout Europe for their delicious olive oil toasts. Made from freshly milled flour and Crete's famous extra virgin olive oil, this traditional recipe has been passed down from generation to generation. (11 oz)
- Mini Toasts: Perfect for elegant canapes and delicious snacks, you will love these cute French-style crackers. (2.75 oz.)
- igourmet.com Signature Cheese Serving Knife: Specifically crafted for us at igourmet.com, this multi-function cheese knife is the perfect tool to easily slice uniform servings of your favorite cheeses.
- igourmet.com Logo Cutting Board: The inclusion of this cutting board makes it easy to enjoy all of these cheeses the moment your guests receive this basket.